ScoutComms, the nation’s leading communications, advocacy, philanthropic strategy and market research firm dedicated to providing services that support veterans and military families, seeks a motivated, hard-working Account Manager.
The account manager provides substantive communications, marketing, research and event support directly to ScoutComms for-profit and not-for-profit clients, while also helping guide the daily activities of ScoutComms’ account executives and interns.
The ideal candidate for account manager will have:
- 2-5 years of experience in the public relations, advocacy, digital media and/or marketing fields
- Experience with or an interest in working on veteran and military family issues
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Strong social media and research skills
- Experience creating and developing media and stakeholder targets lists
- Experience developing editorial calendars and managing social media accounts
- Experience writing media pitches, press releases, media advisories, newsletters, and other materials for clients
- Experience managing and developing relationships with media and coordinating interviews
- Experience planning and executing campaigns
- Familiarity with media and social media tracking software such as Cision, HootSuite and Sprout Social
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and deal with multiple clients
- The ability to oversee and instruct account executives and interns working on the above mentioned projects
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to support client meetings and other events
This position is an ideal opportunity for an eager, driven communications professional to hone their communications and leadership skills while developing deep knowledge of the national and local veteran and military family communities. Veterans and military family members are strongly encouraged to apply.
ScoutComms pays a competitive salary, based on experience, training and education, which is comparable to large firms.
The ScoutComms office is in Fredericksburg, VA, and is the primary daily work location for this position.
Please email a resume, cover letter, two short writing samples and three references to email@example.com, with the subject line “ScoutComms Account Manager Application.”
ScoutComms is the nation’s leading communications, advocacy, philanthropic strategy and market research firm dedicated to providing services that support veterans and military families.
Our vision is of a society that better understands the needs of veterans and military families and is committed to providing greater access to the social and economic resources essential to their health and well-being.
We work with Fortune 500 corporations, veteran-owned businesses, non-profits, and other organizations to help them increase and sustain their positive impact for those who have served. ScoutComms is one of the first B Corps in the world focused on veteran and military community issues and was recognized as a ‘Best For the World’ honoree in 2016. Learn more about the firm at https://www.scoutcommsusa.com/.